The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning over 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Join the Hive’s dynamic team, and become a part of the community.
Hive Life is a rapidly-growing online magazine featuring daily stories on Asia’s inspiring entrepreneurs, big ideas and latest startups. More than just a lifestyle magazine, Hive Life taps into the creative lifeblood of communities across the Asia Pacific, spotlighting the creative visionaries, thought leaders, and leading entrepreneurs of the future.
We’re looking for an Assistant Editor to join our young (and amazing) editorial team here in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate should be smart, have a passion for entrepreneurship and startups along with having, the creativity to explore, and the courage to voice your opinion and be a part of something great!
This role will have you participating in all areas of magazine production, from interviewing global thought leaders and creative visionaries to creating engaging and shareable ‘Top 10 Lists’ for social media to proofreading, mentoring interns and working on SEO.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write compelling and highly-shareable feature articles and guide stories
- Manage the workflow of multiple stories
- Conduct in-person interviews with global entrepreneurs and creatives
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with the team for new ideas and strategies
- Proofread and fact-check content before publication
- Manage and promote the Hive’s social media platforms
- Support editorial staff in all activities
Experience and requirements:
- Degree in English, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Communications or other relevant degrees
- 2+ years experience working in a fast paced online publication or content creation agency
- Superb writing skills and an excellent grasp of the English language
- A strong interest in all-things-lifestyle, art & design and entrepreneurship
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Native English speaker
- Immediately available will be an advantage*
- SEO & SEM experience would be an advantage
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, gyms and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and quite possibly with hard-work and dedication, becoming part-owner through our share options programme.
To apply please provide: cover letter, up to date CV, expected salary and availability