About Hive Life
Hive Life is an online magazine for everyone leading creative lifestyles in Asia. Launched in late 2016, we bring stories and writings from three countries onto one platform. Whether you’re a designer, an entrepreneur or a creative role in a small company – Hive Life believes in artisanal stories.
Hive Life is associated with the Hive Worldwide. The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning over 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage, including ours.
About the Role
Hive Life is looking for an ambitious Editorial Intern to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about writing and is eager to learn about content creation for an online media company.
This internship will allow you to participate in all areas of branded content creation, from writing to publishing, you will be guided to create engaging stories which will reach readers across Asia Pacific. You will have the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and conduct the interviews as the lead journalist. You will also learn the technical aspects of online publishing, such as how to optimise your content to maximise your audience reach. All interns will receive hands-on mentoring and training.
If you’re looking to start a career in journalism or content marketing then this is the internship for you!
This role reports to the Assistant Editor and will be based on-site in Hong Kong. This is a paid full-time internship.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write compelling and highly-shareable articles and guides, proofread and fact-check content before publishing
- Actively research on industry-related topics (E.g. Tech, Design, Sustainability, Fashion, Art, Upcoming Events in different cities)
- Report on trending business and lifestyle news topics
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for new ideas and publishing strategies
- Create marketing and social media content to promote featured articles
- Research on industry experts and outreach for interviews
- Support and conduct interviews with industry experts and global entrepreneurs
- Transcribe interviews
- Shadow and support editorial staff in Hive Talks and external press events
Experience and requirements:
- Degree in English, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Communications or other relevant degrees
- Superb research and writing skills
- Native English speaker and fluent in English writing
- Passionate about writing and eager to learn
- A strong interest in all-things-lifestyle, art & design and entrepreneurship.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Experience working with Canva and/or LinkedIn and/or WordPress is an advantage
- Able to commit to the role full-time for at least 3 months or more
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and talents. All appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We are committed to the continued development of the personal and business skills of our employees and you will be treated in a fair and unbiased way and given every encouragement to realise your potential.
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume, expected salary and availability.