The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage.
At the Hive, people are at the core of everything we do. We are passionate about building relationships and long-lasting connections with our members. As Head of People – APAC, you should be as passionate about people as we are – you should live and breathe engagement and always be looking at how we can develop our team to be better than the day before.
We are looking for an inspiring, dedicated, detail oriented and hard-working leader to drive and oversee our People strategy across 7 countries. As the Head of People – APAC, you will report directly to the COO and play a highly important role in the future growth of the company. You will be responsible for all human resources related activities, this includes talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement and culture-focused initiatives, as well as supporting head of departments and country managers’.
The ideal candidate will have experience in driving Human Resource initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment. You have the ability to easily build relationships and trust, you inspire confidence and are a natural leader.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a true partner in a growing business and industry. If you are ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic – this role is for you!
Employee Engagement and TEAM Culture
- Be the driving force being the Hive’s culture and TEAM (Together, Extra Mile, Accountability, Mindful) values.
- Upon diving into the business, develop a clear schedule of HR and employee engagement initiatives to drive culture and learning and development across the group.
- Oversee bi-annual performance reviews, and ensure KPIs set are aligned with the companys’ goals
- Oversee and work with the HR and country management teams to ensure all people initiatives are organised in an effective manner.
- Facilitate and support the quarterly town hall meeting.
- Be a fantastic listener. Be the ear to the team on all things work and personal. We value our team and want them to feel heard!
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
- Oversee and execute talent acquisition, which includes conducting interviews – with the core focus on acquiring the best employees for all locations across our group.
- Design, deliver and implement engaging recruitment processes that emphasise the importance of cultural fit and ensure a positive candidate experience
- Manage the onboarding process and ensure a positive, supportive and knowledgeable experience is always delivered
Learning and Development
- Develop, promote and facilitate training and development activities that are aligned with business objectives and beneficial to individuals
- Update all training materials, such as videos, guides, assessments and schedules
- Create development strategies to enable progression amongst the team. Drive through the L+D annual schedule to ensure this occurs
- Drive the expansion of The Hive Academy and always look to improve development opportunities and training plans across the group.
- Oversee – with the support of the Assistant HR Manager and country Business Administration Managers – payroll, and all daily operational HR tasks and systems
- Handle promotions, demotions, resignations, terminations and exit interviews, alongside direct managers
- Build salary benchmarking and a clear structure around promotions and salary adjustments.
- Update employee handbook, policies and procedures as required
- Manage employee related issues, and take proactive action to prevent issues arising
- Roll out company updates in an engaging way, and provide an outlet for questions
- Stay up to date with employment law across 7 countries. Review and update on amendments as required
Experience and Requirements
- At least 7 years of HR working experience – with at least 3 in a managerial capacity. Startup environment is a strong plus. Candidates with less than 7 years of experience in a HR function role (L+D, Recruitment etc) will be considered for potential roles.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills – great listener, ability to motivate, inspire, and build strong partnerships with peers
- Strong values of accountability, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with the dynamic nature of a start-up environment , and able to work through complex problems, set priorities and execute
- Strong organisational skills, which includes planning and prioritising
- Works independently, and a strategic thinker
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring quality excellence in numbers, data and language
- Strong self awareness, empathetic and able to build sincere relationships amongst the team
- Self motivated, and continuously looking for ways to improve and enhance processes, procedures, the team and so forth
- A good cultural fit and lives by our T.E.A.M values- Together, Extra Mile, Accountable and Mindful