Hive Life is an online magazine for everyone leading creative lifestyles in Asia. Launched in late 2016, we bring stories and writings from three countries onto one platform. Whether you’re a designer, an entrepreneur or a creative role in a small company – Hive Life believes in artisanal stories.
Hive Life is associated with the Hive Worldwide. The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning over 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage, including ours.
About the Role
Hive Life is seeking a self-motivated and skilled junior editor to join as an integral part of Hive Life’s editorial & content team. You will play an active role in daily publishing operations and undertake much of the day-to-day researching, writing, and uploading of content, and be expected to pitch great article ideas, conduct interviews, and assist with events on occasion. This role will allow you to take part in the content creation process for an online magazine in a dynamic environment. Our ideal candidate should be flexible, growth-oriented, and passionate about lifestyle content and business startup stories in Asia Pacific.
This role reports to the Assistant Editor and will be based on-site in Hong Kong.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, plan, and write timely, relevant, and unique articles about lifestyle and/or business
- Work closely with the Assistant Editor to provide article content and maintain publishing schedule
- Report on trending business and lifestyle news topics
- Research and outreach to industry experts and conduct in-person and online interviews for articles
- Capture content for social media, articles, and marketing through networking with leading professionals, influencers, and industry experts
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to provide copywriting for special projects and paid editorial features
- Assist with the Q&A sessions and event logistics at Hive Talk events
- Conduct and support short interviews at external press events
Experience and Requirements:
- Degree in English, Journalism, Media Studies or other relevant degrees
- 1+ year experience in writing articles for lifestyle or business articles. Related content would be considered
- A strong interest in entrepreneurship, business technology, art and culture, lifestyle, and creative industries
- Experience working with social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent writing skills and able to turn stories around quickly
- Strong planning and organising capabilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience working with Canva and/or LinkedIn and/or WordPress is an advantage
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and talents. All appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We are committed to the continued development of the personal and business skills of our employees and you will be treated in a fair and unbiased way and given every encouragement to realise your potential.
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume, expected salary and availability