The Hive is a Pan-Asia Pacific network of co-working spaces for creative freelancers, start-ups and dynamic entrepreneurs. The Hive Hong Kong is the headquarters of the network that spans Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan and Australia.
We are looking for a native English speaking Managing Editor to be based at our headquarters here in Hong Kong with experience in journalism, editing and managing a team. You must have experience in writing and editing others content and overseeing output on a variety of channels from web, to social media, to heading up the company’s content strategy. We are looking to broaden our reach in our operating markets of Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Bangkok where in most cases English is the de facto business language.
The Managing Editor will oversee the Content Strategy, ensuring all content on all channels are of consistently high quality. You will manage a team of contributing writers from around the world and will be tasked with overseeing the team’s day to day operations and production schedule while enforcing editorial guidelines.
- Be the driving force in shaping the editorial line of a purposeful organisation with an entrepreneurial ethos and a start-up feel
- Join a fast-paced working environment with challenges that let you grow day by day
- Flat hierarchies with space for your ideas in a dynamic result-oriented team
- Drive the Content vision of the company and coordinate the production schedule
Be involved in the onboarding process of contributors, writers and researchers
- Nurture and expand network of contributors working in-house and remotely, consisting of writers and social media editors
- Mentor and encourage social media and editorial interns, as well as contributors so as to ensure that all content is on brand, and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Provide constructive feedback and editorial guidance, transforming the engagement into a mutual learning opportunity
- Responsible for not only managing team, but growing and scaling the publication in our key markets
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Grow our digital circulation and expand the reach of our content
- Edit content appearing on the website and in newsletters and social media channels, elevating the content quality
- Manage multiple writing and editing projects on tight deadlines
- Plan, develop and implement the overall content strategy across a variety of platforms
- Managing and overseeing all of the publication’s social media accounts
- Monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices
- SEO and generation of in-bound traffic
- Aligning editorial and business goals
- Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, English Literature or other relevant fields
- Previous experience in an English Journalist & Senior Editor position
- Excellent (native or equivalent) English speaking and writer
- Experiencing managing and motivating teams to deliver on goals
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and WordPress
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms
- Able to manage a diverse and ever-changing team
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organising capabilities and good time management, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be at ease in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
- Keep abreast of latest developments in technological, economic and environmental realm