The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning over 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Join the Hive’s dynamic team, and become a part of the community.
About the role
The Hive is offering a 6 month internship program where the individual can learn and work within a dynamic and creative start-up environment. We provide relevant and hands-on challenging assignments that will provide a strong foundation for future professional and career growth. In addition to being part of the Hive team, the individual will have access to a unique ecosystem of promising entrepreneurs and startups hosted within the Hive network.
The Strategy team is uniquely positioned to have visibility into the Hive and other sister organisations overall global business – Directly reporting to upper management, you will have a cross-functional role, and by using operational and financial data, create insightful analysis and solve operational challenges whilst being actively involved in collaborating with the other departments of the organisation to support local and regional teams.
You will be responsible for driving the data-driven efforts and turning the insights into recommendations for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define Key Performance Metrics relevant to the business alongside with other departments, implement processes to gather data and build tools to conduct data analysis
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of Key Performance Metrics using operational metrics and data analysis, build meaningful dashboards for the program using data visualisation tools
- Suggest potential changes, strategies and business process to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations.
- Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Identify growth opportunities within the industry and engage strategically alongside with the different areas of the business with a clear roadmap for execution
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Strategy
Experience and Requirements
- University Degree in Business, Economics or Finance is preferred
- Holder or currently enrolled in an MBA or Master’s program at an accredited University or College is a plus
- 3+ years experience in a research, finance, banking, startup or analytical related field and capacity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to meet strict timelines
- Detail-oriented with experience developing business requirements and communicating to technology
- An ambitious self-starter to see things through till the end with a ‘get things done’ mindset
- Immediately available will be an advantage*
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months internship (6 months would be highly preferable)
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, gyms and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and quite possibly with hard-work and dedication, becoming part-owner through our share options programme.
To apply please provide: cover letter, up to date CV, expected salary and availability