Hive Life is a rapidly-growing online magazine featuring daily stories on Asia’s inspiring entrepreneurs, big ideas and latest startups. More than just a lifestyle magazine, Hive Life taps into the creative lifeblood of communities across the Asia Pacific, spotlighting the creative visionaries, thought leaders, and leading entrepreneurs of the future.
We’re looking for an ambitious Editorial Intern to join our young (and amazing) editorial team here in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate should be smart, have a passion to learn, the creativity to explore, and the courage to voice your opinion and be a part of something great!
This internship will allow you to participate in all areas of magazine production, from interviewing global thought leaders and creative visionaries to creating engaging and shareable ‘Top 10 Lists’ for social media. If you’re looking to start a career in journalism or content marketing then this is the internship for YOU.
All interns receive hands-on mentoring and training.
- Write compelling and highly-shareable feature articles and guide stories
- Create concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Conduct in-person interviews with global entrepreneurs and creatives
- Research industry-related topics (Tech, Design, Sustainability, Fashion, Art, Upcoming Events…)
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with the team for new ideas and strategies
- Proofread and fact-check content before publication
- Promote content on social media
- Transcribe interviews
- Support editorial staff in all activities
- Degree in English, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Communications or other relevant degrees
- A thirst for knowledge and a PASSION for writing
- Superb writing skills and an excellent grasp of the English language
- A strong interest in all-things-lifestyle, art & design and entrepreneurship
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Native English speaker
- Available from September 2020 onwards
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months full-time internship
To apply please provide: covering letter, up to date CV, expected salary. writing portfolio and availability