The Hive is the largest network of flexible workspaces in Asia Pacific, spanning over 20 locations across 7 countries. Our job is to build, nurture and expand our community of professionals, and serve as a hub for connection and collaboration – for businesses at every stage.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Join the Hive’s dynamic team, and become a part of the community.
About the Role:
The Sales Development Lead reports directly to the Country Manager and works with all Location Managers in their country of operation to execute and achieve sales goals and targets.
As a Sales Development Lead, you should be able to think fast on your feet and hold the ability to build relationships quickly, effectively and close deals in a timely manner.
Not only will you be the brand ambassador who is knowledgeable of your role but also possess a sound understanding of the overall operations of the Hive, attending events and sourcing leads through various avenues.
In addition to having a solid understanding of each location in your respective country, you should also be able to view it from a sales and member experience perspective, so that the best sales experiences are provided, relationships developed and potential members’ needs are met.
If you are an ambitious, sales driven and sociable individual who is driven, determined and proactive, this would be a good role for you to develop yourself in a fast-growing co-working space.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect, qualify, and nurture leads through the sales cycle resulting in desks sold
- Lead the outreach process for certain Hive markets for lead generation
- Network intensively in the target market to generate business contacts and leads
- Coordinate and communicate with teams in each location to increase lead generation efforts
- Provide regular updates to your Direct Manager, Country Manager and other teams about current, future and upcoming sales objectives and processes
- Attend and request sales meetings to provide sales solutions and if necessary, provide support where needed
- Work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy through achieving booked tour goals
- Communicate the Hive brand and lifestyle to ensure the highest conversion rate of booked tours. This includes setting up the tour, introduction to Location Managers and being involved in negotiating and closing deals
- Be creative and constantly think outside the box to find solutions to meet growing sales targets
- Attend both small and large events in your country, in order to generate a mix of leads from finance, tech, creatives and so forth. An aim of 4 events weekly (a mixture of day and evening). Leads at events are not limited to just sales but also for event collaborations
- Have an oversight of outbound sales enquiries, which includes prospects, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Manage and update the sales pipeline, ensuring all leads are input correctly
- Manage the metrics to ensure the sales funnel is complete and accurate
Experience and Requirements:
- University degree holder with 2+ years experience in a sales or business development capacity
- Prior experience from coworking spaces, start-ups or a sales role with a strong network and relationship with property agencies or vendors would be an advantage
- Comfortable and confident with cold-calling, attending networking events and coming up with creative approaches to generate leads
- Willingness to learn, proactive, presentable and able to handle pressure
- Fluency in English is a must, additional languages is a plus
- Strong people and communication skills
- Immediately available will be an advantage
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, gyms and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and quite possibly with hard-work and dedication, becoming part-owner through our share options programme.
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume, expected salary and availability